Foundation / Corporation
New Earth Foundation (NEF)
Grants to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations for a wide variety of environmental and community programs and projects. Letters of Inquiry are due by February 1. Funding is intended to support projects in many fields of endeavor, including but not limited to, environmental initiatives that are working to help eliminate pollution and to save the planet’s ecosystems, community efforts that create models of social sustainability, educational innovations that prepare youth to become the socially responsible leaders of the future, and strategies that offer economic improvement and opportunities.
Smaller, newer nonprofits are the focus of grants given, so that the Foundation’s gift can make a more significant contribution to the work of the recipient organization.
NEF particularly appreciates projects that are replicable so that excellent ideas and work can multiply and benefit many.
NEF may consider community housing, after school programs, children, youth, summer camps or garden programs that are significantly innovative, transformative and effective.
- Meets NEF’s Vision and Mission
- Contains transformational and practical aspects that fulfill an important need
- Has clearly defined goals, implementation plan and expected results
- Indicates who will benefit and how is replicable
- Involves those who are served
- Contains an evaluation process to measure success, progress and future decision-making
- Seeks community involvement and/or collaboration with other organizations
- Is cost-effective, with a realistic budget appropriate for the proposed program and a suitable balance between administrative costs and benefits to those served
- Has a plan of acquiring future funding from other sources
- Has qualified staff/volunteers to carry out the project, with staff qualifications clearly specified
GrantWatch ID#: 173142
New Earth Foundation (NEF) funds projects of 501(c)(3) organizations. If your organization applies under a 501 (c)(3) umbrella organization, your application must be accompanied by a letter of agreement detailing your project and the nature of that organization’s support or involvement.
Smaller, newer 501(c)(3) organizations are given priority.
NEF does not fund organizations that:
- Are likely candidates for governmental funding
- Offer mainstream social services or are local organizations that are affiliated with a national organization such as Boys & Girls Clubs, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Habitat for Humanity, the Cancer Society and other such organizations
- Are involved in general community housing and renovation
- Have standard after-school programs, outdoor summer camps, or regular gardening programs
- Are capital improvement, building projects, or land acquisitions
- Repeating and maintenance projects, or
- Personal/educational expenses
Please see Past Grant Projects for examples of what NEF has funded in the past, and read the NEF criteria for grant-giving. If other programs or projects similar to yours exist elsewhere, please think about how yours differs.
Before applying for a grant, a Letter of Inquiry is sent to NEF at any time during the year. NEF reviews inquiries two times a year and will contact you within about four weeks, to let you know if NEF would like your organization to submit an application for a grant. In the inquiry/grant application process, if you have questions or are an organization outside of the U.S., please Contact NEF.
If your organization is invited by New Earth Foundation to submit a grant application, you will receive a link to the application form with instructions for required information. Please keep a copy of your application. After submitting your application NEF will contact your organization with its granting decision in about four weeks after the application due date. Please see the NEF Due Dates below. If you have questions, please Contact NEF.
NEF Due Dates:
NEF reviews Letters of Inquiry twice a year.
- NEF will respond around March 1st to Inquiries received by February 1st.
- NEF will respond around August 1st to Inquiries received by July 1st.
NEF evaluates invited Grant Applications twice a year.
- NEF will respond around June 1st to Applications received by May 1st.
- NEF will respond by November 1st to Applications received by October 1st.
Past Grant Projects: http://newearthfoundation.org/past_grants.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.