Foundation / Corporation
Parkinson Society Canada
02/01/18 5:00 PM EST
Grants of up to $50,000 to Canada researchers, scholars, and health professionals employed by higher education institutions, hospitals, research institutes, nonprofits, NGOs, or other qualifying organizations. These grants are intended to encourage researchers with faculty or equivalent appointments to enter and perform research in new, specifically targeted, high priority areas of Parkinson’s research in Canada.
Pilot Project Program grants intend to foster novel, high-potential projects and ideas with a trajectory for major grants with larger granting institutions. Therefore, funding is intended to be used by researchers to acquire preliminary data leading to development of larger projects eligible for funding from a major granting agency.
Funds awarded under the Program are to be used to cover operating expenses, technical support staff salaries and equipment costs for research grants in areas relevant to the cure, cause, prevention, improved treatment and/or understanding of Parkinson’s disease, related disorders, or other Parkinson’s conditions and its implications on society.
The Program is available to individuals who propose to conduct research on the biomedical, clinical, health services and systems and population areas of Parkinson’s. Parkinson Canada plans to adopt a flexible framework in funding awards under the Program. Parkinson Canada intends to provide 75% of its funding to biomedical research with the remaining 25% of funding to be awarded to research in the clinical, health services and systems and population areas of Parkinson’s.
GrantWatch ID#: 166795
The maximum funding is $50,000.
The grant term is one year. Grants are non-renewable.
Note: An applicant cannot submit the same unfunded application more three times in a three year period.
Parkinson Canada is committed to supporting the most advanced and/or highest quality of Parkinson’s research in Canada. As such, Applications will be accepted from individuals who are representative of a broad spectrum of health-related communities and sectors, including, but not limited to, researchers, scholars and health professionals. Applications will be accepted from applicants who meet the eligibility criteria established by Parkinson Canada (as summarized in this Request for Applications) and who are affiliated with and/or conduct research with the following institutions and organizations (an “Approved Institution”):
- Canadian post-secondary institutions and their affiliated institutions, including hospitals and research institutes;
- Canadian non-governmental nonprofit organizations (including community or charitable organizations) with an explicit research or knowledge translation mandate; and
- Other organizations, as determined by the Research Policy Committee of the National Board of Parkinson Canada in consultation with the Advisory Board, provided that the applicant’s research or research-related activities fall within the mandate of Parkinson Canada.
The applicant must be a researcher who has completed formal training in health-related research. Applicants must have some form of research appointment with an Approved Institution, typically, an employment relationship with such institution or organization.
The applicant’s research appointment with his or her Approved Institution must:
- Allow the applicant to pursue the proposed research project, to supervise trainees and to publish the results of the research; and
- Require the applicant to conform to institutional regulations concerning the conduct of research, the supervision of research trainees, and the employment conditions of staff paid from the Parkinson Canada grant.
Applicants are prohibited from receiving the payment of a salary, stipend, honorarium, or any similar form of compensation from any Parkinson Canada grant. Post-doctoral, fellows or trainees are not eligible to apply for funding under this Program. Applicants seeking a fellowship to support trainees at a post-doctoral level or clinical level should refer to Parkinson Canada’s Fellowship Program.
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the general grant guidelines and the specific grant guidelines.
Key Dates and Deadlines:
Release Date: November 16, 2017
Application Deadline (Online Receipt):February 1, 2018, 5:00pm EST
Notifications of Award: July 2018
Funding Start Date: October 1, 2018
Duration of Award: 1 year (non-renewable)
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, click on the URL for Full Text (RFP) link below.
Director, Research Program
1-800-565-3000 or 416-227-3382
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon